Due to a national issue with the Academy's telephone provider, our phones are currently down.

In the case of an emergency please call 07458 080644.

We will update all parents via text message as soon as the phone system is back up and running.

Year 7

Natural Forms

Students will complete a baseline assessment and will learn about observational drawing and colour theory.  They will use paint and mixed media techniques to produce a piece of work inspired by Henri Rousseau.

Architecture

Students will learn about design and function in architecture and will use a mixture of materials and techniques to produce a piece of work inspired by Antoni Gaudi.

Fish or fowl

Students will learn about the artwork of Victorian artists such as Marianne North and will develop drawing skills and use of pattern.  Students will also learn how to create a 3D model from a variety of materials.

 

Year 8

Food

Students will learn about the visual elements-line, tone, colour, and texture.  They will use a range of materials and techniques to produce work based on food and has an emphasis on the visual elements, students will explore a range of artist’s work through the unit.

Masks

Students will learn about masks and their uses from various cultures around the world.  They will use a range of materials and techniques to produce work based on the cultural designs of these objects and will design and create a 3D piece in response to the theme.

Self-Portraits

Students will learn about facial proportions and focus on adding tone and colour to work. They will use a range of materials and techniques to produce work based on their self-portrait and students will explore a range of contemporary and historical artist’s work through the unit.

 

Year 9

Cultural Pattern

Students will learn about pattern in various cultures.  They will explore a range of materials and techniques to produce work inspired by the cultures studied; this will include such traditions as Islamic pattern, Mehndi design, Scottish tartan, and Aboriginal Art.

Animation

Students will learn about animation and will create their own characters from doodle. Students will use a range of materials and techniques to produce work that is character based with an emphasis on imagination and creativity.

Identity

Students will focus on self-identity for this unit and will learn about composition. Students will use a range of materials and techniques to produce work based on visual stimulus they choose and collect themselves and then focus on creating a final piece inspired by the work of Archimbaldo.

 

 

 

Key Stage 4

We complete two full units of work during KS4, these units are 60% of the overall GCSE grade and the remaining 40% consists of marks allocated for the exam.

A unit of work consists of a focus on observational drawing and recording by taking photos and collecting images.  We study the work of numerous artists to help inspire students to create a range of exciting responses. We experiment with a wide range of materials and techniques and then students finally produce a final response to the theme.  The two units we produce provides a portfolio of work to submit for coursework.

The exam paper is released in the January of year 11 and students are expected to work on the three assessment objectives of recording, experimenting and developing work until the final 10 hour exam in which students will complete their final response.

 

Component 1: Portfolio

 

Component 2: Externally set assignment

What's assessed

A portfolio that in total shows explicit coverage of the four assessment objectives. It must include a sustained project evidencing the journey from initial engagement to the realisation of intentions and a selection of further work undertaken during the student’s course of study.

What's assessed

Students respond to their chosen starting point from an externally set assignment paper relating to their subject title, evidencing coverage of all four assessment objectives.

How it's assessed

• No time limit

• 96 marks

• 60% of GCSE

How it's assessed

• Preparatory period followed by 10 hours of supervised time

• 96 marks

• 40% of GCSE

Non-exam assessment (NEA) set and marked by the school/college and moderated by AQA during a visit. Moderation will normally take place in June.

 

Non-exam assessment (NEA) set by AQA; marked by the school/college and moderated by AQA during a visit. Moderation will normally take place in June.

About us

The school office is open Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm during term time.