What are the different types of support available at Noel-Baker Academy?
Support available includes:
- Sensory room
- Differentiated tasks/activities/resources
- English and Maths interventions with specialist SEND staff
- Direct Instruction for students in Year 7 with low levels of literacy and numeracy
- Read It Write It intervention
- Nurture group
- Homework club based in Learning Support
- Exam access arrangements
- Breakfast Club for vulnerable learners
- SENCo base drop-ins
- Break and Lunchtime Club for vulnerable students in the library
- ‘Quick Exit’, ‘Early Lunch’, ‘5 minute early’ and ‘Toilet’ passes are available if required
- Social communication groups.
You may be asked to give permission for your child to be referred to a specialist professional, e.g. Educational Psychologist. This will help the school and you to understand your child’s needs better and so support them more effectively. The specialist professional may work directly with you and your child and may make recommendations on support strategies to be used at home and in school.
You will be informed by the S.E.N.Co or key worker of any extra support your child is receiving at the start of the intervention.