I am incredibly proud to be the Headteacher of Noel-Baker Academy. It’s an amazing place to work and I strongly encourage anyone considering applying for one of the roles below to get in touch with us via [email protected] to arrange a visit to the school.Mrs A Donaghy
Please view our Wellbeing Charter 2020 here.
- Exam Invigilator
Safer Recruitment Statement
Recruitment Safeguarding Notice
At Noel-Baker Academy we believe that our students are entitled to the best and this starts with their safety and welfare. When recruiting staff to the academy the following steps are undertaken:
Pre employment checks
- Every employee will have had an enhanced DBS check carried out (or have an enhanced certificate registered on the update service) before they can start work.
- Every employee will have their career history scrutinised and at least two full references checked. We hold the right to ask for more than two references and can ask any past employer for a reference.
- We will verify your identity and address by seeing original documentation such as passport, photo driving licence, birth certificate, recent utility bills or bank statements.
- We will check all qualifications and need to have seen the original certification to support these.
- We will take copies of relevant documents to keep in your secure personnel files.
- Anyone who has lived or worked abroad in the last 10 years will be required to provide a criminal records certificate from that country.
- All employees will be checked against the list of those prohibited from teaching.
- We hold records that all employees have the right to work in the UK.
- If you have sent in an application electronically you will be asked to sign a hard copy before being interviewed to declare that it is all true and accurate.
- Failure to declare anything or factual inaccuracy in your application or interview will very likely lead to summary dismissal.
- You will be asked to complete medical screening to ensure you are mentally and physically able to satisfy the demands of the role.
Post employment responsibilities
- You must adhere to the highest standards of professional behaviour as detailed in the Teachers Standards and the L.E.A.D code of conduct.
- You will follow the safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures to keep all our young people safe.
- You will be vigilant of any concerns about a student or any adult/s and follow the correct procedure to pass these concerns on in a timely fashion. You will be tenacious in this and log concerns in line with the safeguarding and child protection and code of conduct.
- You will undertake all training as required in line with the academy expectations.
- You are required to understand and follow the whistle-blowing policy and know who you can report concerns to and how to do so.