Getting where you want to be, even when it’s tough
- Work experience – have you organized a placement?
- What might get in your way? Overcoming challenges.
- How will you cope with barriers in your way? Identifying alternative options and being adaptive and flexible.
- I can describe the relationships in my life that will support me in reaching my goals.
- I can assess how I can respect and nurture the important relationships in my life.
- I can define what resilience is and identify both my areas of strength and where I need to keep working.
- I can identify the connections between physical health and achieving my goals.
- I can understand the impact that poor mental health can have on my goals.
- I can consider some steps I could take to ensure my health supports me with my goals.
- I understand the issues that may impact on me and my future success, including social media.
- I understand the importance of balance in all aspects of my life (work, social life, family, etc.).
- I can identify realistic and unrealistic goals.
- I can describe how balance supports mental and physical health.
- I can identify what I can do to create more balance in my life.
- I can explain the importance of connections in relation to healthy relationships.
- I can identify the wide range of goals individuals have.
- I can understand a range of health goals that are priorities for some people.
- I can explain how helping a stranger can impact positively on people.
- I understand how relationships and being part of a community can support me and others to achieve our goals.
Work, home and everything in between
- Work experience – have you organized a placement? Have you handed in the paperwork?
- How are you using social media? The impact and consequences of misusing social media.
- Can you keep a secret? Confidentiality and its importance.
- What do you do in your free time? Work / life balance and lifestyle choices.
- I can give examples of job roles that are exempt from the Equality Act.
- I can give examples of how to promote equality.
- I know what is expected of me and what I can expect in the workplace.
Next steps as an employee and a consumer
- Work experience advice.
- How can you land your dream career? What advice would you give someone else?
- What makes a good CV? Start building your own CV.
- How can you make the most of your summer? Build your employability skills.
- What are you entitled to when you buy something? Consumer rights.