British value’s play an important part in the curriculum at Noel-Baker Academy. British values underpin all areas of the academy ethos. They are a fundamental part of providing our students with the knowledge and understanding of the country that they live in and the world around them to develop international mindfulness.
We aim to:
- ensure students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence to encourage equality and of opportunity is available to all.
- ensure students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law and its processes of healing, reconciliation and forgiveness.
- encourage students to accept personal responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely.
- ensure students acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services.
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- encourage respect for other people both in the academy and wider world through promoting dialogue and cooperation.
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied.
At Noel-Baker we DRIVE British Values.
At Noel-Baker Academy we embed British Values through a comprehensive assembly and tutor programme which are delivered across the academic year to all year groups. Each year group has a tutor and assembly focus each half term under the DRIVE model.